Well here we are at about 4 months since Sean had to leave us to serve his country on the USS Truman. On a good note, Sean was promoted to First Class! He has worked so hard and is more than deserving of it! I am so very proud of him! As far as life here at home has been going, it hasn't been very easy being on my own with our 4 children but we've made the best of it. I knew when I married the love of my life, Sean, that sacrifices would have to be made. Afterall, I grew up as an Army brat myself and watched as my mother held it all together when my dad would have to leave. We are just looking forward to him coming home (hopefully in a few months) and making the best of it. Fortunately Sean and I are able to keep in touch through emails and occasional phone calls. I love it when I can hear his voice. Sometimes I feel so alone here and get to feeling overwhelmed and sad. Thank God for my family and friends who have been so tremendously supportive and helpful.
The kids and I spent most of the summer visiting with family. From July 6 - July 30, we stayed at my dad's house in Maryland. The triplets had an opportunity to attend vacation bible school and loved it! I was also able to attend my 20 year high school reunion while we were up there. It was wonderful catching up with everyone I hadn't seen in 20 years. Most of us had already caught up on our lives thanks to Facebook. It was one heck of a great evening and I can't wait until the next reunion. Also, my dad purchased a new boat and took the kids and I out for a relaxing day on the river. Dad has also had a lot of remodeling done to his house. It looks fantastic and almost not like the home I grew up in since I was 8 years old.
I also decided to cut most of my hair off this summer. Sean didn't want me to but I felt it would be nice to have less hair to deal with in the heat. I wound up getting about 6 inches cut off and LOVE it! I sent pictures to Sean and he approved. I am thinking of going even shorter the next time I go up to MD and see Alisha (my hair dresser).
When we left Maryland at the end of July, the kids and I traveled to Georgia (more than 700 miles) to spend time with my in-laws. The triplet's birthday party was August 4th so we had a nice little family get-together for them. Everyone had a great time! It's still so hard to believe how fast they've grown.
We spent about 2 weeks in Georgia before heading home to Virginia. Although I thoroughly enjoyed the time we had with family, it was so nice to be home after being gone 5-6 weeks. A little over a week after we got home, we went back to Maryland so we could attend the 144th annual Jousting Tournament at Christ Episcopal Church (about 5 minutes from my dad). While we were there we entered a drawing for a dollhouse and WON!! It's so cute and the girls love it! Also, Krissy was able to get the time off and come to Maryland with us. We were there for about 4 days and had a great time. Dad took us all out on the boat again and it was a beautiful day! I was also able to stop and visit with my mom at her resting place. I've been thinking about her a lot lately and still miss her so terribly much.
The triplets started 1st grade this past Tuesday and what a relief! I enjoy having a little break in the day time. There are times I am grateful they are here and try to do stuff with them but there are other times when they are annoying one another practically all day and my tolerance for the constant whining and arguing among each other just drains me. I don't know who was more excited about them going back to school.... me or them! So far they are loving it and doing well. I just wish they didn't have so much homework that it takes an average of 2-3 hours to get through. I was able to talk with their teachers today about arranging some assistance with the homework issue.
Another thing I picked up this summer was an old hobby I used to enjoy many years ago. I started making the embroidery floss friendship bracelets and have made several for family and friends. I found a web site that contains gorgeous patterns I had never seen before. It's given me something to do and I am always finding a reason to make a new one. I now have a personal goal to make about 200 cancer awareness bracelets that I can sell at next year's Relay For Life then donate the money toward a cure for cancer. Like my birthday this past March, I plan on doing my part to raise money for the RFL walk in loving memory of my mom. I promised her the day of her funeral that I would celebrate her life on my birthday from now on. I believe she would be proud of me for turning something so tragic in to doing what I can in a positive way.
I am taking everything one day at a time and can't wait for Sean to come home. I know every morning I get up that it's one more day closer to him coming home.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think....