All the years you have waited for them to "make it up to you" and all the energy you expended trying to make them change (or make them pay) kept the old wounds from healing and gave pain from the past free rein to shape and even damage your life. And
still they may not have changed. Nothing you have done has made them change.
Indeed, they may never change. Inner peace is found by changing yourself, not the people who hurt you. And you change yourself for yourself, for the joy, serenity, peace of mind, understanding, compassion, laughter, and bright future that you get."
still they may not have changed. Nothing you have done has made them change.
Indeed, they may never change. Inner peace is found by changing yourself, not the people who hurt you. And you change yourself for yourself, for the joy, serenity, peace of mind, understanding, compassion, laughter, and bright future that you get."
____________________________________
"Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There's a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it's all over."
_____________________________________
Hanging onto resentment is letting someone you despise live rent-free in your head. -- Ann Landers
_____________________________________
"People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar."
-- Thich Nhat Hanh
-- Thich Nhat Hanh
____________________________________
"This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, and Love to complete your life."
_____________________________________
It is better to be alone than in the wrong company.
Tell me who your best friends are, and i will tell you who you are.
If u run with wolves, you will learn to howl.
But, if you associate with eagles, you will learn to soar to great heights.
"A mirror reflects a person's face, but what they are really like is shown by the kind of friends they choose."
The simple but true fact of life is that you become like those with whom you closely associate- for good and the bad.
The less you associate with some people , the more your life will improve.
Any time you tolerate mediocrity in others, it increases your mediocrity.
An important attribute in succesful people is their impatience with negative thinking and negative acting people.
As you grow, your associates will change. Some of your friends will not want you to go on.
They will want you to stay where they are. Friends that don't help you climb, will want you to crawl. Your friends will stretch your vision not choke your dream. Those that don't increase you, will eventually decrease you.
Think about this:
Never receive counsel from unproductive people.
Never discuss your problems with someone incapable of contributing to the solution, because those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.
Not everyone has a right to speak into your life.
You are certain to get the worst of the bargain when you exchange ideas with the wrong person.
Don't follow anyone who's not going anywhere.
With some people you spend an evening : with others you invest it.
Be careful where you stop to inquire for directions along the road of life.
Wise is the person who fortifies his/her life with the right friendships.
And don't forget this:
And don't forget this:
Happy Moments? Praise God;
Difficult Moments? Seek God;
Quiet Moments? Worship God;
Painful Moments? Trust God;
Every Moment? Thank God!
Difficult Moments? Seek God;
Quiet Moments? Worship God;
Painful Moments? Trust God;
Every Moment? Thank God!
________________________________________________
When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not shouting "I'm clean livin'."
I'm whispering "I was lost,
Now I'm found and forgiven."
When I say... "I am a Christian"
I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble
and need Christ to be my guide.
When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak
And need His strength to carry on.
When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed
And need God to clean my mess.
When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible
But, God believes I am worth it.
When I say... "I am a Christian"
I still feel the sting of pain.
I have my share of heartaches
So I call upon His name.
When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner
Who received God's good grace, somehow!
___________________________________________
It's easier for you to look away, than it is for you to see the depth of my despair.
It's easier for you to walk away than it is for you to reach out to me.
It's easier for you to look through me, than it is for you to see "me."
It's easier for you to distance yourself, than it is for you to really care.
It's easier for you to hear, than it is for you to listen.
It's easier for you to judge, than it is for you to understand.
It's easier for you to label, than it is to get acquainted.
It's easier for you to bask in your joy, than it is for you to feel my pain.
It's easier for you to bewilder at my mysteries, than it is for you to probe deeply into the depths of my soul.
It's easier for me to look away, than it is to let you see the feelings betrayed through my eyes.
It's easier for me to cry, than it is for me to talk.
It's easier for me to walk alone, than it is to risk rejection.
It's easier for me to push you away, than it is for me to be held.
It's easier for me to distance myself, than it is to trust that you won..t hurt me.
It's easier for me to die, than it is for me to face life's challenges.
It's hard for me to smile when I am hurting.
It's hard for me to talk when you won't understand.
It's hard for me to reach out when I need help the most.
If only you'd really look at me and see who I am.
If only you cared enough to reach out when I push you away.
If only you'd hold me, without asking why.
If only you'd acknowledge the validity of my feelings.
But it's the easy roads that are most often taken.
____________________________________________
A good character is the best tombstone. Those who loved you and were helped by you will remember you when forget-me-nots have withered. Carve your name on hearts, not on marble. ~Charles H. Spurgeon
____________________________________________
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these. ~George Washington Carver



No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think....